Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Dean DNC Crack-Up

Michael Totten is a pretty astute blogger, not to mention that he lives in Portland. He received a comment from one of his readers, who wrote a "Dear Nancy" letter, to Democrat Nancy Pelosi. Totten thought enough of the letter to exhume it from a comment thread and feature it in an original post. The author of the Dear Nancy letter is a Democrat himself, but admits that Howard Dean and the moonbat anti-war left are driving him from the party. Here's just a snippet; it's worth reading the whole thing - as well as Nancy Pelosi's wet blanket reply.

Dear Rep Pelosi,

If I had to pick one guy who was most responsible for driving me out of the Democratic Party and into the arms of the Republicans, it would be Howard Dean. Welcome him to the DNC? I'd just as soon welcome Noam Chomsky, the late Edward Said, or Ward Churchill, or Juan "Israel is always wrong" Cole...

Hey, normally, my being a Democrat would be a lead pipe cinch. Pro choice? Check! Pro Gay Marriage? Check! Pro women's rights, whatever that is these days? Check! Do I have a pro-Democratic voting record? Check! (Voted for Jimmy Carter twice, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton twice, and even, God help me, Al Gore.)

But the promiscuous, intellectually and morally slutty Anti-War Movement ("We don't care how bloodthirsty the Palestinian Extremist anti-war speaker is, he's a bastard, but he's our bastard" attitude) has driven me out. Now, Howard Dean probably doesn't share all of the above views, but he certainly has legitimized them, and that makes him totally unacceptable to me.

You want me back? It will take a Sister Soulja speech straight to the black heart of the anti-war left.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?